Seasonal jobs are perfect jobs for either students or fresh graduates and sometimes seasonal jobs can be done while you’re doing an internship abroad or while even taking a long vacation. The most common seasonal jobs are either in summer or during holiday seasons, but that’s not the only time employers would hire seasonal employees.
Seasonal jobs can make you earn extra money during summer holiday, fill up you resume in previous experiences in different majors and fields and some people would just get a seasonal job because they simply don’t like staying in one job for a long-term!
Seasonal jobs gives you the opportunity to experience working abroad, summer jobs, travel and tourism, tax season positions and more opportunities to explore.
What are the best seasonal jobs to consider including holiday season?
Here are the most common seasonal jobs:
- Retail Jobs.
Every holiday season is all about retail and shopping. In a busy holiday season, retailers will hire different positions , including cahiers , stocking shelves , ordering , baking , gift wrapping , candy making , merchandising and many more other job positions . You can even notice that Santa and his little helpers are in high-demand during the holidays.
Retailors accept online applications and also in-store applications as well.
- Every country has its own timing for their holidays, so you can find seasonal jobs depending on the country and region you live in.
- You can check Joblang website, it’s a specialized online job website search engine which offers jobs in specific regions and languages.
- Hotel & Resort Jobs.
Hotels and resorts offers a great opportunity for seasonal jobs, you can either work in busy summer days or in busy promotional holidays. This job would also give you the chance to experience a different country or city; you can relocate and go work for a seasonal job in the Caribbean for example. Sounds tempting right? Hotels and Resorts have a huge variety of seasonal jobs options; you can either work as a life guard, concierge, customer service, food and beverage, frond desk, and many more different types of jobs.
- Resort jobs hold a wide variety of job positions which actually gives you a lot of opportunities to submit for, most resort jobs doesn’t need a specialized degree or a college degree.
- You can check online job websites job opportunities, they always submit jobs for resorts and hotels, try checking Joblang.com website, and it also has a feature of picking a certain language for the job position wanted.
- Summer Camp Jobs.
Summer camp jobs usually prefer taking in teachers and people with a background in education, and another type of high in demand jobs for summer camp is counselor jobs. Summer camp jobs are very suitable for college students and some positions might be even suitable for high school students as well. There are a lot of job positions hired in summer camps, activity coordinators, food service, nurses and administrative staff as well.
- If you’re a college student who has a long summer vacation, you could actually use your time and work in a summer camp job; earning money for the summer is not a bad idea.
- Before summer camp starts, you can stay up-to-date on the job vacancies and positions they demand for, by checking online job websites which submits jobs on daily basis like Joblang.
- Tax season Jobs.
Some of you might think that tax jobs are only for accountants, but it’s not. When it’s the tax season, companies hire thousands of workers in order to help prepare and file taxes. As well as hiring an administrative staff , data entry workers , auditors , marketing , tax preparers and a lot of other staff in need . Tax season always starts in the fall , do not hesitate to apply for a tax season job because they always pay good amount of money in return .
- If its tax season in your country, get your job lined up early and apply online before the tax season starts by submitting your resume online on authorized job online websites like LinkedIn and Joblang.com.
- Seasonal Work Abroad jobs.
Some work abroad jobs opens up wide doors for you in future. Some organizations would as for an aboard seasonal jobs, like teaching kids for summer or even during spring break. It also allows you to travel the world and explore new cultures and experiences. Even if you work abroad for only a limited time, it still counts as an international experience, after you finish from your commitments you can surely apply for a long-term abroad jobs, the most popular and beneficial work abroad job opportunities are the jobs in the UK and the US.
- Seasonal work abroad jobs are many , like working a as a teacher for a refugee camp , as well as many other option to be equipped like delivering food and water , first aid nurse and many other jobs that would make you gain a wonderful international experience plus gaining a new cultural background .
- You can apply for work abroad jobs either seasonal abroad jobs or long-term abroad jobs by checking international and local online job websites like Joblang.com and apply your resume for a job that fits your qualifications as well as suiting your hopes and salary rate in mind.
- Travel guide (Tour Guide) Jobs.
This is a popular seasonal job. Summer is actually the world’s busiest season for traveling and having a worldwide tour. It’s a high season for tour guide jobs; it can be touring tourists around a known historical site, organizing and job planning. You need to have a great interpersonal skill and be a high detailed oriented person. This job will give you the opportunity to lean new information in order to explain it to the tourists and visitors.
- Search the top job sites for terms like “travel” or “tour” and the place you want to work at as well as the language you can speak fluently to find listings.
Seasonal job is a great job opportunity which makes you gain extra experiences in different majors and industries. It also allows you to easily apply for future long-term jobs abroad, because you have already gained some skills which can be obtained through working abroad. The good thing about seasonal jobs is that you might not like the job position you’ve been enrolled with, and once the season finishes so does your job!
If you’re a college student or as mentioned before a high school senior, then you have to work in any seasonal job, it would also give you a glimpse about jobs and companies generally. The more experience you work on gaining before you finish college is always an extra boost for your résumé in future. Seasonal jobs are a great choice, not only professionally but it will also help you build up a solid personality on the long run. Fill up your resume in great seasonal experiences.
About the author:
Aya Silawi, an employee in JobLang Company. Holding a position of a content writer in Joblang.com. She offers essays assistance to a wide range of clients both locally and internationally. Visit their blog https://joblang.blog/ to learn more.